All members of the World Federation of Independent Scouts are required to follow a Scout Promise and Law reflecting the principles of Duty to their religion, Duty to others and Duty to self, and inspired by the Promise and Law as laid down by the Founder of the Scout Movement in the following terms:
The Scout Promise (there may be local variations):
On my honour I promise that I will do my best
To do my duty to God and the King/Queen (or to my God and my Country);
To help other people at all times;
To obey the Scout Law.
The Scout Law (there may be local variations):
1. A Scout’s honour is to be trusted.
2. A Scout is loyal.
3. A Scout’s duty is to be useful and to help others.
4. A Scout is a friend to all and a brother to every other Scout.
5. A Scout is courteous.
6. A Scout is a friend to animals.
7. A Scout obeys orders of his parents, Patrol Leader or Scoutmaster without question.
8. A Scout smiles and whistles under all difficulties.
9. A Scout is thrifty.
10. A Scout is clean in thought, word and deed.